Housing Benefit information from your council

You can apply for Housing Benefit through your local council to help pay your rent.

Housing Benefit is being replaced by Universal Credit. Most people will need to claim Universal Credit instead.

Check if you’re eligible for Housing Benefit before you apply.

For example SW1A 2AA

Find a postcode on Royal Mail's postcode finder

What you need to know

  • Available in England and Wales only