You may be able to claim compensation if you’ve been a victim of terrorism abroad since November 2012.
You may be able to claim if you:
- were injured physically or mentally in a specific act of terrorism
- were a witness to a specific act of terrorism
- are a British, EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
- lived in the UK for 3 years immediately before the terrorist incident happened
You may also be able to claim compensation if your partner or family member was killed in a specific act of terrorism.
Terrorist acts you can claim for
You can currently claim for these terrorist acts:
- hostage crisis at In Amenas, Algeria (16 January 2013)
- kidnap of Setraco employees in Jama’are, Nigeria (16 February 2013)
- attack at Port el Kantaoui near Sousse, Tunisia (26 June 2015)
How to claim
Send the relevant application form to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority.
Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority
Special Payments Team
PO Box 26996
Help with claiming
Call the helpline if you have questions about claiming.
Special Payments Team Helpline
0300 003 3601
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm
Wednesdays, 10am to 5pm
Find out about call charges