Published on 9 December 2015, as required by the CMA’s approach to the variation of existing remedies (CMA11). Any revisions made to the timetable will be published on this website.
|24 May 2016||Final decision published|
|March 2016||Provisional decision and consultation|
|15 January 2016||Deadline for all parties’ submissions|
|December 2015||Publication of issues statement|
|November 2015||Review launched|
Final decision to release undertakings
24 May 2016: Following consultation, the CMA has decided to release the undertakings on the PRS in relation to the supply of services of administering performing rights and film synchronisation rights.
- Final decision (24.5.16)
- Notice of release from undertakings (24.5.16)
- Press release: CMA decides to release PRS undertakings (24.5.16)
Responses to provisional decision to release undertakings
- Adam Elfin (24.5.16)
- The American Music Rights Association Inc (24.5.16)
- Jonathan Starkey (24.5.16)
- Music Managers Forum (24.5.16)
- The Performing Right Society for Music (24.5.16)
Provisional decision to release undertakings
23 March 2016: The CMA has provisionally decided to release the PRS from the undertakings it gave in February 1997, in relation to the supply of services of administering performing rights and film synchronisation rights.
- Provisional decision (23.3.16)
- Notice of intention to release undertakings (23.3.16)
- Press release: CMA provisionally decides to release PRS undertakings (23.3.16)
Responses to issues statement
- Adam Elfin (23.3.16)
- AJ Harcourt of Entertainment Rights Management (23.3.16)
- The American Music Rights Association Inc (23.3.16)
- Amphonic Music Limited (23.3.16)
- Andrew East (23.3.16)
- Anonymous (23.3.16)
- Association for Electronic Music (23.3.16)
- Jonathan Starkey (23.3.16)
- Music Managers Forum (23.3.16)
- Music Publishers Association (23.3.16)
- Performing Right Society for Music (23.3.16)
- Universal Music Publishing Group (23.3.16)
9 December 2015: The issues statement identifies the issues the panel members propose to focus on and invites views on these.
Review group appointed
The CMA has appointed the group for the review of the undertakings.
Decision to undertake review
20 November 2015: The CMA has decided to review the undertakings given by PRS (now known as PRS for Music (PRSfM)) in February 1997. The undertakings relate to the supply of services of administering performing rights and film synchronisation rights.
- Decision statement (20.11.15)
- Press release: CMA reviews Performing Right Society undertakings (20.11.15)
Peter Hill (020 3738 6806, email@example.com)
Senior responsible officer
Adam Land (020 3738 6172, firstname.lastname@example.org)