The CMA reviewed undertakings given by the National House Building Council (NHBC) in 1995.
|5 December 2017||Notice of acceptance of superseding undertakings|
|18 October to 1 November 2017||Consultation on proposed undertakings|
|18 October 2017||Publish final decision|
|29 June 2017||Publish and consult on provisional decision|
|March to June 2017||Evidence gathering|
|21 March 2017||Review launched and initial request for evidence|
Notice of acceptance of superseding undertakings
5 December 2017: The CMA has accepted the undertakings given by NHBC.
- Notice of acceptance of superseding undertakings (5.12.17)
- Summary of responses to consultation on superseded undertakings (5.12.17)
- News story: CMA accepts NHBC undertakings on structural warranties (5.12.17)
Decision to supersede undertakings
18 October 2017: The CMA has decided that undertakings given by NHBC in 1995 should be superseded.
- Final decision and proposed superseded undertakings (18.10.17)
- News story: Rule changes to promote competition in structural warranties market (18.10.17)
We are consulting on the proposed superseded undertakings. Anyone wishing to comment can do so in writing to the CMA either by email or by post by 5pm on 1 November 2017 to:
Structural Warranties Review
Competition and Markets Authority
37 Southampton Row
London WC1B 4AD
Responses to provisional decision
29 June 2017: The CMA has provisionally decided that undertakings given in 1995 by NHBC should be varied.
- Provisional decision (29.6.17)
- Notice of intention to vary undertakings (29.6.17)
- News story: CMA proposes amending old NHBC undertakings (29.6.17)
Review group appointed
The CMA has appointed a group for the review of the undertakings.
- NHBC submission (21.3.17)
Decision to undertake review
21 March 2017: The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has decided to conduct a review of the undertakings given by the NHBC in December 1995 following an investigation by the Monopolies and Mergers Commission (MMC).
- Decision statement (21.3.17)
- NHBC undertakings given in 1995
- MMC report on structural warranty services
- News story: CMA to review NHBC undertakings (21.3.17)
Grahame Horgan (email@example.com, 020 3738 6573)
Senior responsible officer
Adam Land (firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 3738 6172)
Published: 21 March 2017
Updated: 5 December 2017
Opened: 21 March 2017
- Notice of acceptance of superseding undertakings published.
- Final decision and proposed superseded undertakings published.
- Responses to provisional decision published.
- Provisional decision published.
- First published.