Just Eat / Hungryhouse merger inquiry
The CMA is investigating the anticipated acquisition by Just Eat.co.uk Limited of Hungryhouse Holdings Limited.
Inquiry group appointed
22 May 2017: The CMA appointed the inquiry group on 19 May 2017.
Terms of reference
19 May 2017: The CMA has referred Just Eat’s acquisition of Hungryhouse for an in-depth investigation.
- Terms of reference (19.5.17)
|Phase 1 date||Action|
|10 May 2017||Decision announced|
|10 to 24 March 2017||Invitation to comment|
|10 March 2017||Launch of merger inquiry|
- Reference decision (19.5.17)
- News story: Just Eat/Hungryhouse merger referred for in-depth investigation (19.5.17)
Reference unless undertakings accepted
10 May 2017: The CMA has decided, on the information currently available to it, that it is or may be the case that this merger may be expected to result in a substantial lessening of competition within a market or markets in the United Kingdom. This merger will be referred for a phase 2 investigation unless the parties offer acceptable undertakings to address these competition concerns. The full text of the decision will be available shortly.
- News story: Just Eat/Hungryhouse merger faces in-depth investigation (10.5.17)
Invitation to comment: closes 24 March 2017
10 March 2017: The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) is considering whether it is or may be the case that this transaction, if carried into effect, will result in the creation of a relevant merger situation under the merger provisions of the Enterprise Act 2002 and, if so, whether the creation of that situation may be expected to result in a substantial lessening of competition within any market or markets in the United Kingdom for goods or services.
Launch of merger inquiry
10 March 2017: The CMA announced the launch of its merger inquiry by notice to the parties.
- Commencement of initial period notice (10.3.17)
Published: 10 March 2017
Updated: 22 May 2017
Opened: 10 March 2017
- Inquiry group appointments added.
- Reference decision announced and terms of reference published.
- Decision announced: reference unless undertakings accepted.
- First published.