Energy licence modification appeal: SONI
The CMA is considering an appeal by SONI against a decision by NIAUR to modify the conditions of SONI’s licence.
Date of referral: 11 May 1017
Next milestone: Provisional determination notified mid September 2017
Statutory deadline: 10 November 2017
- Full administrative timetable (19.5.17)
Appeal group appointed
Deadline for third party representations
The deadline for any third party to make representations or observations to the CMA about the appeal by SONI is Friday 2 June 2017. Any representations or observations should be sent to the CMA in writing by 5pm on 2 June 2017.
Permission granted to appeal
11 May 2017: The CMA has granted SONI permission to appeal to the CMA concerning the decision by the Northern Ireland Authority for Utility Regulation (NIAUR) of 14 March 2017 to modify the conditions of SONI’s licence to give effect to the SONI Price Control 2015-2020. These changes came into effect on 9 May 2017.
SONI sought permission from the CMA to appeal following NIAUR’s final decision to give effect to the SONI Price Control 2015-2020 price control determination which covers the period from 1 October 2015 to 30 September 2020.
Under the Electricity (Northern Ireland) Order 1992 (as amended) a licence modification by NIAUR may be appealed to the CMA for a determination.
- Decision on permission to appeal (11.5.17)
Application for permission to suspend decision
The CMA has decided not to grant an application by SONI that the implementation of the NIAUR price control decision should be suspended.
- SONI application for suspension (11.5.17)
- NIAUR’s representations and observations in respect of the application for permission to suspend decision (11.5.17)
- NIAUR’s representations and observations in respect of the application for permission to appeal (11.5.17)
- Decision on permission to suspend decision (11.5.17)
Published: 11 May 2017
Updated: 19 May 2017
Opened: 11 May 2017
- Full administrative timetable published.
- Appeal group appointed.
- First published.