The CMA determined an appeal by SONI against a decision by NIAUR to modify the conditions of SONI’s licence.
Date of referral: 11 May 2017
Statutory deadline: 10 November 2017
- Full administrative timetable (19.5.17)
10 November 2017: The CMA published a summary of its final determination and its order in relation to SONI’s appeal against a price control decision by the NIAUR. The full final determination was published on 13 November.
- Final determination (PDF, 3.9 MB) (13.11.17)
- Summary of final determination (10.11.17)
- Order (10.11.17)
- Press release: CMA publishes NI electricity transmission decision (10.11.17)
Deadline for interested third party representations: now closed
The deadline for interested third parties to make representations or observations to the CMA about the Northern Ireland Authority for Utility Regulation’s representations and observations and/or the representations and observations received from third parties is 4pm on 26 June 2017. Any representations or observations should be sent to the CMA in writing by 4pm on 26 June 2017.
Representations and observations
Appeal group appointed
Permission granted to appeal
11 May 2017: The CMA has granted SONI permission to appeal to the CMA concerning the decision by the Northern Ireland Authority for Utility Regulation (NIAUR) of 14 March 2017 to modify the conditions of SONI’s licence to give effect to the SONI Price Control 2015-2020. These changes came into effect on 9 May 2017.
SONI sought permission from the CMA to appeal following NIAUR’s final decision to give effect to the SONI Price Control 2015-2020 price control determination which covers the period from 1 October 2015 to 30 September 2020.
Under the Electricity (Northern Ireland) Order 1992 (as amended) a licence modification by NIAUR may be appealed to the CMA for a determination.
- Decision on permission to appeal (11.5.17)
Application for permission to suspend decision
The CMA has decided not to grant an application by SONI that the implementation of the NIAUR price control decision should be suspended.
- SONI application for suspension (11.5.17)
- NIAUR’s representations and observations in respect of the application for permission to suspend decision (11.5.17)
- NIAUR’s representations and observations in respect of the application for permission to appeal (11.5.17)
- Decision on permission to suspend decision (11.5.17)
Published: 11 May 2017
Updated: 13 November 2017
Opened: 11 May 2017
- Full final determination published.
- Order and summary of final determination published.
- Representations and observations published and deadline for replies added.
- Full administrative timetable published.
- Appeal group appointed.
- First published.
Case type: Regulatory references and appeals
Case state: Open
Market sector: Utilities