Energy licence modification appeal: Firmus Energy
The CMA is considering an appeal by Firmus against a decision by NIAUR to modify the conditions of Firmus’ Licence.
Statutory deadline: 27 June 2017
Deadline for third party representations
The deadline for any third party to make representations or observations to the CMA about the Northern Ireland Authority for Utility Regulation’s representations and observations and/or the representations and observations received from third parties is 9am on 14 February 2017. Any representations or observations should be sent to the CMA in writing by 9am on 14 February.
Representations and observations
- Consumer Council (30.1.17)
- Major Energy Users’ Council (30.1.17)
- Manufacturing NI (30.1.17)
- Northern Ireland Authority for Utility Regulation (30.1.17)
Appeal group appointed
Permission granted to appeal
28 December 2016: The CMA has granted permission to appeal to the CMA concerning the decision by the Northern Ireland Authority for Utility Regulation (NIAUR) of 28 October 2016 to modify the conditions of the Firmus Energy (Distribution) Limited Licence (Firmus) to give effect to the GD17 price control determination.
Firmus Energy (Distribution) Limited sought permission from the CMA to appeal following NIAUR’s final decision to give effect to the GD17 price control determination which will operate from 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2022.
Under the Gas (Northern Ireland) Order 1996 (as amended) a licence modification by NIAUR may be appealed to the CMA for a determination.
- Decision on permission to appeal (28.12.16)
- NIAUR decision (28.12.16)
- Firmus notice of appeal (28.12.16)
- NIAUR’s representations and observations in respect of the application for permission to appeal (28.12.16)
Published: 28 December 2016
Opened: 28 December 2016
- Timetable published and deadline for third party representations added.
- Representations and observations published.
- Deadline for third party representations added.
- Appeal group appointed.
- First published.