Commercial use of consumer data
The CMA has published a report of its findings following a call for information on how businesses collect and use consumer data.
Call for information
17 June 2015: The CMA has published the report of its call for information on the collection and use of consumer data.
- Findings report on commercial use of consumer data (17.6.15)
- DotEcon and Analysys Mason research report (17.6.15)
- Press release: CMA publishes findings on the commercial use of consumer data (17.6.15)
- Press release: CMA seeks information on commercial use of consumer data (27.1.15)
2 April 2015: The project team is currently reviewing submissions and evidence from a wide range of respondents to its call for information, which closed on 6 March 2015. It is also holding meetings and roundtables with stakeholders, and its contractors are interviewing contacts in three case study sectors. The CMA aims to publish its report in early summer.
12 February 2015: The CMA has appointed DotEcon and Analysys Mason to conduct a factual review of the collection and commercial use of consumer data. They will conduct case study research focusing on motor insurance, clothing retailing and games applications.
- News story: CMA appoints researchers to explore the commercial use of consumer data in 3 sectors (12.2.15)
Adrian Leigh (firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 3738 6095)
Assistant project director
Peter Hill (email@example.com, 020 3738 6806)
Helen Fleming (firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 3738 6224)
Senior responsible officer
Rachel Merelie (email@example.com, 020 3738 6059)
Published: 27 January 2015
Updated: 17 June 2015
Opened: 27 January 2015
Closed: 17 June 2015
- Report of call for information and research report published.
- Case update added.
- Appointment of researchers announced.
- First published.