Date of referral: 17.2.16
Merger reference cancelled
13 June 2016: The CMA has cancelled its merger investigation into Clariant’s anticipated acquisition of Kilfrost’s de-/anti-icing fluids business.
19 May 2016: The CMA has provisionally found that the anticipated acquisition by Clariant of the European aircraft de-icing fluid and rail de-icing fluid business of the Kilfrost Group could lead to a substantial lessening of competition within the market for aircraft de-/anti-icing fluid in the United Kingdom.
- Provisional findings report (PDF, 1Mb) (20.5.16)
- Appendices and glossary (PDF, 1Mb) (20.5.16)
- Summary of provisional findings (19.5.16)
- Notice of provisional findings (19.5.16)
- Notice of possible remedies (19.5.16)
- Press release: CMA could block de-icing merger (19.5.16)
- ADDCON (28.4.16)
- Airline Services (28.4.16)
- Aviator (28.4.16)
- Esseco (28.4.16)
- LNT Solutions (28.4.16)
- Proviron (28.4.16)
Responses to issues statement
- Clariant (28.4.16)
- Notice of acceptance of interim undertakings – Clariant (19.4.16)
- Notice of acceptance of interim undertakings – Kilfrost Limited (8.4.16)
11 March 2016: The issues statement sets out the scope of the investigation. It outlines initial theories on what might be adversely affecting competition, but it does not set out findings or conclusions.
- Issues statement (11.3.16)
- Press release: CMA publishes issues statement in Clariant/Kilfrost merger (11.3.16)
Inquiry group appointed
24 February 2016: The CMA has appointed the inquiry group.
Terms of reference
17 February 2016: The CMA has referred the anticipated acquisition by Clariant of the European aircraft de-icing fluid and rail de-icing fluid business of the Kilfrost Group.
- Terms of reference (17.2.16)
|Phase 1 date||Action|
|11 March 2016||Decision published|
|9 February 2016||Decision announced|
|14 December 2015||Launch of merger inquiry|
|27 November to 18 December 2015||Invitation to comment|
- Reference decision (18.2.16)
- Press release: CMA confirms aircraft de-icing fluids merger referral (17.2.16)
Reference unless undertakings accepted
- Full text decision (11.3.16)
- Press release: Aircraft de-icing fluids merger faces in-depth investigation (9.2.16)
Launch of CMA merger inquiry
14 December 2015: The CMA announced the launch of its merger inquiry by notice to the parties.
- Commencement of initial period notice (14.12.15)