How to claim

Tax credits have been replaced by Universal Credit.

You can only make a claim for Child Tax Credit or Working Tax Credit if you already get tax credits. You’ll need to update your existing tax credit claim by reporting a change in your circumstances online or by phone.

If you cannot apply for tax credits, you can apply for Universal Credit instead.

You might be able to apply for Pension Credit if you and your partner are State Pension age or over.