Help you can get

You can get help from asylum helplines run by charities.

They can help with:

  • explaining your asylum claim, for example getting a solicitor or lawyer to represent you
  • living in the UK while your claim is being considered, for example getting asylum support, housing problems, dealing with agencies or finding English language classes and schools

You can get legal advice to help your asylum claim.

Housing and money

You may also be able to get housing and money (‘asylum support’) to support you and your family. This will only start from the day of your screening if you qualify.

Help returning home

You may be able to get help with returning home.