Apply to foster a child through your council
Apply to foster a child through the social services department of your local council
TSD standards workbook for foster carers
Form for foster carers to prove they meet the required training, support and development (TSD) standards.
Ofsted annual fostering data collection
Guidance and a suggested template for local authorities and independent fostering agencies to use when sending fostering data to Ofsted.
TSD standards workbook for family and friends foster carers
Form for family and friends foster carers to fill in to prove that they meet the training, support and development standards.
TSD standards workbook for short break foster carers
Form for short break carers to fill in to prove that they meet the training, support and development standards for foster carers.
Guidance and regulation
Foster carers look after children when their parents aren't able to - becoming a foster carer, money and support available, fostering agencies
Looking after someone else's child
Support and benefits you can get if you're looking after someone else's child, court orders - kinship care, private fostering, friends and family care
- Fostering services: assessment and approval of foster carers
- Children Act 1989: private fostering
News and communications
Policy and engagement
- Social care questionnaires 2017: what children and young people told Ofsted
- Fostering in England 1 April 2016 to 31 March 2017
- The fostering system in England: review
- New Orleans intervention model: early implementation
- Notifications of private fostering arrangements in England: 2015