Disagreements about parentage

Child Maintenance Service and Child Support Agency, birth certificates and registration.

Guidance and regulation

  1. Use the Child Maintenance Service or Child Support Agency (CSA)

    Child maintenance - how to work it out, how the Child Support Agency and Child Maintenance Service can help, complaints, appeals

  2. Correct a birth registration

    Correct the original registration with the register office or GRO - find out what corrections can be made, who can apply, how long it takes, what they look like

  3. Adding a father's name to a birth certificate

    Re-register your child’s birth to add the father's name to the birth record or certificate at the register office