You can register your charity’s details with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) to get tax back on things like Gift Aid donations.
You can also continue with a previously saved application.
Use form ChV1 if you’re already registered but want to change your details.
This guide is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).
Before you start
Check if you need to register with the Charity Commission before registering with HMRC.
Register with HMRC
You’ll need your charity’s:
- bank account details and financial accounts
- officials’ details, including dates of birth and National Insurance numbers
- registration number if you’ve registered your charity with a regulator
- charitable objectives (sometimes called purposes)
- governing document (sometimes called a rulebook) - this explains how your charity is run
- Government Gateway user ID and password - you can create an account when you register your charity’s details