You can use this service to apply for a divorce in England and Wales.
You can only use this service to apply for a divorce for yourself.
You must apply by post if:
- you’re a solicitor
- you want to end a civil partnership
- you want to apply in Welsh
It costs £550 to apply online or by post.
Apply for a divorce
Return to an existing application
Sign in to continue your application.
Before you apply
To apply for a divorce you’ll need:
- your husband or wife’s full name and address
- your original marriage certificate or a certified copy (and a certified translation if it’s not in English)
- proof of your name change if you changed it since you got married - for example your marriage certificate or a deed poll
Help applying online
Apply by post
You can apply for a divorce by post by downloading and filling in a divorce application form D8 (‘divorce petition’).