You can use this service to apply for a divorce in England and Wales.
You can only use the online service if your divorce case can be handled in England and Wales. Get legal advice if you’re not sure.
You can only use this service to apply for a divorce for yourself.
It costs £550 to apply online or by post.
You must apply by post if:
- you want to end a civil partnership
- your husband or wife has a solicitor acting for them
Solicitors can apply online using a MyHMCTS account.
Apply for a divorce
Return to an existing application
Sign in to continue your application.
Before you apply
To apply for a divorce you’ll need:
- your husband or wife’s full name and address
- your original marriage certificate or a certified copy (and a certified translation if it’s not in English)
- proof of your name change if you changed it since you got married - for example your marriage certificate or a deed poll
Help applying online
Apply by post
You can apply for a divorce by post by downloading and filling in a divorce application form D8 (‘divorce petition’).