The British Office in N’Djamena maintains and develops relations between the UK and Chad.

We work closely with diplomatic partners, the UN (including on the UN Security Council) and other agencies to support Chad’s development following the country’s emergence from conflict in 2009. We also engage with the Chadian government on wider issues in the Sahel, including development and counter-terrorism, recent events in Mali, and on Sudan.

The Department for International Development (DFID)’s ‘Providing Humanitarian Assistance in Sahel Emergencies’ programme has supported over 1.5 million people in the Sahel with life-saving humanitarian aid since 2015; and over 1.8 million people with the effect of climate change and other major shocks. In addition to humanitarian support, UK Aid in Chad is supporting populations to build events in some of the most climate-vulnerable regions of Chad alongside providing support to build adaptive social protection systems for those communities who are most at risk. Read more about DFID’s work in the Sahel.

Find out more on our UK and Chad news page. You can access UK government services while in Chad.

Urgent assistance

If you’re travelling in Chad, see how to Return to the UK during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. If you cannot return at this time, see how to stay safely in Chad during coronavirus.

See also our coronavirus travel advice for all our latest guidance on travel during coronavirus.

If you need urgent help (for example, you’ve been attacked, arrested or someone has died), call +237 222 22 07 96.

Get an emergency travel document

You can apply for an emergency travel document if you’re abroad and your passport has been lost or stolen, damaged or expired, and you can’t get a new or replacement passport in time to travel.

Apply online for an emergency travel document If the person needing the emergency travel document is under 16, a parent or guardian should apply on their behalf.

If you are travelling in more than 3 weeks, check if you can get a new or replacement passport in time to travel.

If you are not a British citizen or have not had a British passport before

If you’re not sure, check if you’re a British citizen If you’re not a British citizen but think you may be eligible, contact us to apply for an emergency travel document.

Other consular services

The British office in N’Djamena does not offer consular services. Please contact the British High Commission in Yaounde.

Contact us

British Office N'Djamena

150 Avenue Général Kérim Nassour
N’Djamena (located within EU Delegation)

BP 552

Access and opening times

Corporate information