The British High Commission in Malta maintains and develop relations between the UK and Malta.

Find out more on our UK and Malta news page.

We provide services to British nationals living in and visiting Malta. You can access UK government services while in Malta.

Read the latest information on the rights and status of UK nationals living in Europe and our practical guidance on Living in Malta.

Urgent assistance

If you’re travelling in Malta, see our Malta Travel Advice about coronavirus (COVID-19).

See also our Coronavirus Travel Advice for all our latest guidance on travel during coronavirus.

If you’re in Malta and you need advice which is not covered by reading our travel advice then you can contact us online .

If you’re in Malta and you need urgent help (for example, you’ve been attacked, arrested or someone has died), call +356 2323 0000 / +44 1908 51 6666.

Get an emergency travel document

You can apply for an emergency travel document if you’re abroad and your passport has been lost or stolen, damaged or expired, and you can’t get a new or replacement passport in time to travel.

Apply online for an emergency travel document

If the person needing the emergency travel document is under 16, a parent or guardian should apply on their behalf.

If you are travelling in more than 3 weeks, check if you can get a new or replacement passport in time to travel.

If you are not a British citizen or have not had a British passport before

If you’re not sure, check if you’re a British citizen

Other consular services

Notarial and documentary services

We cannot offer notarial services as Malta is a Commonwealth country. Persons requiring notarial work, including those requiring a certified copy of a British passport, or the legalisation of documents, should contact a local notary. In the case of legalising documents, the Legalisation Office in the UK can also be contacted.

Consular fees

We charge fees for some of our services. See the full list of consular fees in Malta.

Our people

Katherine Ward LVO OBE

British High Commissioner to Malta

Contact us

British High Commission Malta

Whitehall Mansions, Ta’ Xbiex Seafront
Ta’ Xbiex
XBX 1026

(+356) 2323 0000 / +44 1908 51 6666

Use our contact form for consular enquiries, including on your rights after the UK’s exit from the EU:

Access and opening times