About British Embassy Kyiv
Visitors to British Embassy Kyiv
From Monday 16 March 2020, the Embassy is open to visitors by appointment only due to the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19).
If you are a British person in need of urgent assistance, you can contact us via the web contact form or by calling us on +380 44 490 3660 and selecting the appropriate option on the phone menu.
If you visit the British Embassy in Kyiv, please see our privacy notice for visitors which explains how we will process your data for security and public health management reasons.
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (local time = GMT+2)
Monday to Friday, 11am to 1pm
Non-urgent consular visits are available by appointment only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 9:30am to 11am
2021 public holidays
The Embassy in Kyiv will observe the following public and privilege holidays in 2021:
|Friday 1 January*|
|Thursday 7 January|
|Monday 8 March|
|Friday 2 April*|
|Monday 5 April*|
|Monday 3 May*|
|Tuesday 4 May|
|Monday 10 May|
|Monday 31 May*|
|Monday 28 June|
|Tuesday 24 August|
|Thursday 14 October|
|Monday 27 December *|
|Tuesday 28 December *|
Note: An asterisk denotes holidays that are also being observed by the FCDO in the UK.
Out of hours (emergencies only)
For emergencies out of hours customers should listen to the recorded message on our switchboard: +380 44 490 36 60 for instructions on connecting to a helpdesk in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London.
Getting to the embassy
Our office is located at 9, Desyatynna Street. Desyatynna Street (vul.) links the upper end of Andriivskyi Ascent (Andriivskyi Uzviz) and Mykhailivska Square (near the upper station of the Funicular).
We are sorry that there is no public parking space here.
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office and this embassy are keen to ensure that their buildings and services are fully accessible to disabled members of the public.
Wherever possible, we have made our buildings and services accessible. However, visitors should note that the embassy’s building, located at 9, Desyatynna Street is poorly served to assist disabled visitors. To assist disabled visitors, we have set out below details of limited disabled access at this embassy. We hope this information is helpful.
We recommend that visitors with disability contact our estate manager at +380 44 490 3660 in advance of their visit to the British embassy. Our estate manager will try to find a way of providing access for you.
General physical access
- entrances are generally unobstructed
- steps into the embassy
- no ramps or lifts
- parking spaces are available in the embassy courtyard. Please inform the embassy in advance if you wish to make use of them
- floor coverings are safe and even
- no handrails and not all doors are easily accessible
- good lighting
- emergency/evacuation: Disabled visitors invited into the embassy will be the responsibility of the member of staff being visited in cases of emergency/evacuation
- there are no public phones but the member of staff being visited will be able to arrange the use of a phone accessible to wheelchair users
Access for visually impaired visitors
- signs are clear, easy to read and of standard size. They are not available in Braille
- guide dogs are welcome
Access for deaf/hard of hearing visitors
- hearing loops, minicom and textphones are not installed
- no member of staff at the British embassy has the ability to use sign language or possess professional signing interpretation skills
- hearing dogs are welcome
All visa enquiries are now provided by an external commercial partner.
Visa applications to travel to the UK must be made in advance online through the TLS Contact website
Should you need to contact UK Visas & Immigration (including status updates, supporting documents and guidance) please visit the UKVI website