Widowed Parent's Allowance

3. How to claim

You can apply using a form or by phone.

Apply using a form

Download a Bereavement Benefits pack (form BB1) or order it over the telephone from your local Jobcentre Plus.

The pack has notes to help you fill in the claim form.

Take the completed form to your local Jobcentre Plus or send it to:

Dover Benefit Centre
Post Handling Site B
WV99 1LA

Alternative formats

Call the Bereavement Service helpline to ask for alternative formats, such as braille, large print or audio CD.

Apply by phone

Call the Bereavement Service helpline.

Bereavement Service helpline

Telephone: 0345 606 0265
Welsh language: 0345 606 0275

Textphone: 0345 606 0285
Welsh language: 0345 606 0295

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
Find out about call charges

Apply for Widowed Parent’s Allowance within 3 months of the date of death to avoid losing any money.