Getting a decision
You’ll be told at your premium service appointment how long it’ll take to process your application - most take less than 2 hours 30 minutes.
You can wait while your application is being processed, or leave and come back later.
You are not guaranteed to get a decision on the same day.
If you get a decision on the same day
Your documents will be given back to you, and your biometric residence permit (BRP) will be ordered.
You will usually receive your BRP within 7 to 10 days. If it does not arrive, you can report your missing BRP online.
Your BRP will be sent to your home address unless you tell the premium service centre to send it somewhere else.
If it takes longer to get a decision
You might not get a decision on the same day if:
- extra checks are needed
- you do not bring all the information you need to your appointment
You’ll be told why on the day. If you need to provide extra information, you’ll be told how and when to provide it.
If your application cannot be processed
Your application will not be processed and your appointment will be cancelled if you:
- applied to use the service but were not eligible
- did not bring a completed application form or your supporting documents
- did not pay the right fee or healthcare surcharge, and cannot pay at the appointment
If your appointment is cancelled, you will not get a refund of the £100 booking fee. You might get a refund of:
- the visa application fee
- the rest of the premium service fee (£490)