You might be able to apply in person at a premium service centre if you’re already in the UK and want to:
- extend your stay (known as ‘limited leave to remain’)
- settle permanently (known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’)
If you’re applying for settlement, your premium service appointment must be:
- at least 48 hours after your Life in the UK test
- within 28 days of you completing your qualifying period
Check the list of people who cannot use this service if you’re not sure about your eligibility.
Applying for registration certificates
You can apply for a registration certificate in person at the Croydon premium service centre if you’re:
There will be no change to the rights and status of EU citizens living in the UK until 2021. You and your family can apply for ‘settled status’ to continue living in the UK after June 2021. The scheme will open fully by March 2019.
A qualified person is someone who is in the UK and is one of the following:
- looking for work and meets certain conditions