6. Change or cancel an appointment
You might be able to cancel or reschedule your premium service centre appointment - it depends on how you booked.
If you booked as part of your online visa application
You can reschedule your appointment by logging in to your application.
You must withdraw your application to cancel your appointment if you booked it as part of your online application. You’ll need to apply again for a new appointment.
You won’t get a refund if you withdraw your application.
If you booked to apply for your visa in person
You can cancel or reschedule your appointment if you booked to apply in person at a premium service centre. Use the link in your payment confirmation email.
- cancel at least 5 working days before your appointment for a full refund
- reschedule at least 48 hours before your appointment
You don’t need to pay the fees again if you reschedule your appointment.
Refunds for missed appointments and cancellations
Refunds can take up to 4 weeks and are paid onto the credit or debit card used to make the original payment.
You automatically get a full refund if you cancel at least 5 working days before your appointment. This includes the:
- £590 application fee which includes the £100 booking fee
- fee for your visa type
- healthcare surcharge (if you need to pay it)
- £75 fee if you booked an appointment outside office hours
You won’t get the £100 booking fee back if you miss your appointment or cancel less than 5 working days before your appointment, unless there are exceptional circumstances, for example:
- a medical emergency
- a family emergency
- severe weather
- travel disruptions
If there are exceptional circumstances
Send an email asking for a full refund to:
- your name
- payment number (this will be on your payment confirmation)
- booking reference number (this will be on your confirmation email)
- name of the person who paid the fee (if it wasn’t you)
- why you cancelled or missed your appointment
- IHS reference number (if you have one)