You can book a premium service appointment up to 42 days in advance.
How you book your appointment depends on what you’re applying for.
|Your application||How to book an appointment|
|Tier 2 or 4 visa||Book as part of your online application|
|Tier 2 or 4 dependant - applying on your own||Book as part of your online application|
|Tier 1 or 5 dependant - applying on your own||Book as part of your online application, or book to apply in person at a premium service centre - you’ll need to take your completed paper form with you|
|Remain in the UK with family - applying in the partner, family life as a partner or private life in the UK routes||Book as part of your online application, or book to apply in person at a premium service centre - you’ll need to take your completed paper form with you|
|All other applications||Book to apply in person at a premium service centre - you’ll need to take your completed paper form with you|
For a family group of 12 or more, book by phone on 0300 123 2241.
You must pay the following fees per person when you book your appointment:
- £500 application fee which includes the £100 booking fee
- the fee for your visa type
- the healthcare surcharge (if you need to pay it)
Booking outside office hours
You’ll have to pay an extra £63 fee at your appointment if you make a booking outside normal office hours, for example:
- before 9am, Monday to Friday
- after 4pm, Monday to Friday
- on Saturday
At your appointment
You must arrive for a security check 15 minutes before your appointment.
After the security check, you must provide the following at the reception:
- your payment confirmation
- your completed application form
- all necessary supporting documents for your visa application
- your IHS reference number (if you need one)
If your appointment is outside office hours, you’ll need to take a credit or debit card to pay the £63 fee.
Your ‘biometric information’ such as fingerprints and a photograph will be taken at your appointment.
Who should come with you
Any dependants named on your application must come with you to your appointment.
You can also bring any other people you need at your appointment, for example carers, family members or legal representatives.
How long it takes
You’ll be told on the day:
- how long it’ll take to process your application (most applications are processed within 2 hours 30 minutes)
- whether your application can be processed that day - and, if it can’t, what your options are
If your application can be completed that day:
- your documents will be given back to you
- your biometric residence permit will be ordered (it will take 7 to 10 days to arrive)
You can wait while your application is being processed, or leave and come back later.
Your biometric residence permit will be sent to your home address unless you tell the premium service centre to send it somewhere else.
If your appointment is cancelled
Your appointment may be cancelled and you won’t get a refund of the £100 booking fee if you:
- applied to use the service but weren’t eligible
- didn’t bring the right documents or a completed application form
- cancelled your appointment too late - unless there were exceptional circumstances, for example a medical emergency or severe weather
- didn’t pay the correct fees
- didn’t pay the healthcare surcharge (or didn’t pay the right amount) and you weren’t exempt from paying