Studying abroad: travel grants for students (England)


Your permanent home address must be in England.

If you’re studying abroad

You must attend an overseas institution for at least half of each academic term. This period of study can be compulsory or optional.

You can also get a travel grant if you’re on an Erasmus study or Erasmus work placement. Other work placements don’t count.

If you’re doing a clinical placement in the UK

The placement must be an essential part of your medical or dental course. You won’t get a travel grant if you’re eligible for means-tested bursaries or awards from the Department of Health.

You can apply if you get student finance that depends on your household income, eg a Maintenance Loan or Maintenance Grant.