Travel grants for students studying abroad or on placements (England)

Skip to contents of guide


You may get a grant to cover some of your travel expenses if you normally live in England and any of the following apply:

  • you’re studying abroad as part of your course
  • you’re on a study or work placement through the Erasmus, Turing or Taith schemes
  • you’re a medical or dental student studying abroad or attending a clinical placement in the UK

You do not have to pay back a travel grant. There are rules on eligibility and how much you’ll get.

There’s a different process if you’re a student from Scotland, student from Wales or student from Northern Ireland.