Transport if you're disabled


You can get help if you’re disabled and travelling on any of the following:

  • a cruise ship that’s leaving from a port within the EU
  • a ferry that’s leaving from or going to a port within the EU
  • a local ferry service, eg by river bus

If you need to make specific arrangements for your journey (eg you have certain accommodation or seating requirements), you should tell the cruise line, ferry service, travel agent or tour operator when you book your ticket.

Travelling with a carer

You should let the cruise line or ferry service know if you need to travel with a carer. Your carer might be able to travel for free.

Help getting on and off

Tell the cruise line or ferry service at least 48 hours before departure if you need help getting on and off the ship.