How you track your passport application depends on how you applied for it.
If you applied online with a digital photo
You can track your application immediately if you applied online and your application reference begins with ‘PEX’.
If you applied online and posted your form
Log back in to the existing passport application service to track your application. You can track your application as soon as it has been made.
Use the username and the password you were given when you first saved your application. You can reset your password if you’ve forgotten it.
If you applied at the Post Office using the Digital Check and Send service
After applying at a Post Office branch you can track your application.
You used this service if:
- the Post Office took your photo for you
- your application reference begins with ‘POD’
If you filled in a paper form
Use the passport application tracker if you applied for your passport:
- by filling in a paper form
- at the Post Office using Check and Send
You must wait 3 weeks after you apply before you can track your application.
You need to give your name, address, email and either the:
- 10-digit barcode number from your application form
- 9-digit number on your receipt if you applied at the Post Office
You’ll get an email telling you the status of your application.