Track your passport application
If you applied online and uploaded a digital photo
If you used the new online passport application service you can track your application immediately.
You used the new service if:
- you uploaded a digital photo of yourself
- your application reference begins with PEX
If you applied online and posted your form
Log back in to the existing passport application service to track your application. You can track your application as soon as it has been made.
Use the username and the password you were given when you first saved your application. You can reset your password if you’ve forgotten it.
If you filled in a paper form
Use the passport application tracker if you applied for your passport:
- by filling in a paper form
- at the Post Office using Check and Send
You must wait 3 weeks after you apply before you can track your application.
You need to give your name, address, email and either the:
- 10-digit barcode number from your application form
- 9-digit number on your receipt if you applied at the Post Office
You’ll get an email telling you the status of your application.