How you track your passport application depends on how you applied for it.
How long it takes
Because of coronavirus (COVID-19), it takes up to 5 weeks to renew or replace a passport. It may take longer for a first adult passport.
Do not book travel until you have your new passport - it will not have the same number as your old one.
If you’re travelling in the next 2 weeks
Phone the Passport Adviceline if you applied from the UK and both:
- you’re travelling in the next 2 weeks and do not have your passport yet
- you applied more than 4 weeks ago (8 weeks ago if you applied for a first adult passport)
If you applied online with a digital photo
You can track your application immediately if you applied online and your application reference begins with ‘PEX’.
If you applied at the Post Office using the Digital Check and Send service
After applying at a Post Office branch you can track your application.
You used this service if:
- the Post Office took your photo for you
- your application reference begins with ‘POD’
If you filled in a paper form
Use the passport application tracker if you applied for your passport:
- by filling in a paper form
- at the Post Office using Check and Send
You must wait 3 weeks after you apply before you can track your application.
You need to give your name, address, email and either the:
- 10-digit barcode number from your application form
- 9-digit number on your receipt if you applied at the Post Office
You’ll get an email telling you the status of your application.