You can apply to extend your Tier 5 (Temporary worker - Charity Worker) visa.
You should include any dependants who are on your current visa on your application to extend - including children who have turned 18 during your stay.
You should apply before your current visa expires.
You must continue to meet the eligibility rules.
You must be in the UK to extend your visa.
How long you can stay
You can apply to take your stay in the UK up to a maximum of 12 months, or the time on your certificate of sponsorship plus 14 days, whichever is shorter.
The extension costs:
- £208 to apply by post
- £608 to apply in person
How to extend your visa
You should read the full Tier 5 guidance before you apply.
You can either:
- apply online
- download the form and apply by post - the address is on the form
- download the form or apply online and use the premium service at a premium service centre
How long it takes
A decision will be made:
- within 8 weeks for postal and online applications
- usually on the same day if you use the premium service
You’ll be contacted if your application is complex and will take longer, for example because:
- your supporting documents need to be verified
- you need to attend an interview
- of your personal circumstances (eg if you have a criminal conviction)
Once you’ve applied you can stay in the UK until you’ve been given a decision, as long as you applied before your last visa expired.