Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) visa

Documents you must provide

When you apply you’ll need to provide:

  • your certificate of sponsorship reference number
  • a bank or building society statement or letter that shows you have enough personal savings (unless your certificate of sponsorship shows your sponsor can support you)
  • a current passport or travel document to prove you can travel - you need a page in your passport that’s blank on both sides for your visa
  • expired passports or travel documents if you need them to show your travel history
  • your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a listed country

Read the guide for a list of documents you can provide.

You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.

If your documents aren’t in English or Welsh you’ll need to send a certified translation.

Proof you’ve worked for your employer outside the UK

After you apply you might be asked to prove you’ve worked for your employer for a certain amount of time.

The length of time depends on what visa you’re applying for:

  • Long-term Staff earning £73,900 or less - 12 months
  • Long-term Staff earning more than £73,900 - no minimum time
  • Graduate Trainee - 3 months

If you’re asked, you’ll need to show you’ve been paid by your employer over this time period. You can provide:

  • original printed payslips
  • copies of online payslips supported by a letter from your sponsor signed by a senior staff member
  • bank or building society statements
  • a building society pass book