Theory test: cars
4. Multiple-choice questions
You have 57 minutes to answer 50 multiple-choice questions.
Before the test starts you’ll get:
- instructions on how the test works
- the chance to do some practice questions to get used to the screens
How the test works
A question and several possible answers appear on a screen. You have to select the right answer.
Some questions are given as a case study. The case study will:
- show a short story that 5 questions will be based on
- be about a real life situation you could come across when driving
Leaving a question
You can ‘flag’ questions that you want to come back to later.
Changing your answers
You can go back to any question to review and change your answer at any point.
When you’ve finished
You can finish the multiple-choice questions part when you’ve answered all of the questions. You don’t have to use the full 57 minutes.
You can have a break of up to 3 minutes before the hazard perception test starts.