If you get the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit
You qualify for the discount if on 13 August 2023 all of the following applied:
- your energy supplier is part of the scheme
- your name (or your partner’s) is on the electricity bill
- you or your partner are getting the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit (even if you get Savings Credit as well)
This is known as being in the ‘core group 1’ in England and Wales. In Scotland, it is the ‘core group’.
If you do not get the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit, you may still be eligible if you’re:
How to get the discount
You’ll get a letter between October 2023 and early January 2024 if:
- you’re eligible for the scheme
- you might be eligible for the scheme, but you need to give more information
If you’re eligible for the scheme, your letter will confirm you do not need to do anything. You’ll receive the discount automatically.
If you need to give more information, your letter will tell you to call the helpline by 29 February 2024 to confirm your details.
If you’re eligible, your electricity supplier will apply the discount to your bill by 31 March 2024.
If you do not get a letter
Contact the Warm Home Discount Scheme if you do not get the letter by early January 2024 and you think you’re eligible.
You must contact them before 29 February 2024.
Warm Home Discount Scheme helpline
Telephone: 0800 030 9322
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm
Find out about call charges
110552 Warm Home Discount Scheme
PO Box 26965