Keeping records and reporting changes

At the end of each tax year, your employer will give you details of the company benefits they’ve told HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) about.

They might give you a copy of your P11D form, if they sent one to HMRC.

You must keep these details for 2 years after the tax year they relate to.

Tell HMRC about starting or stopping company benefits

You must tell HMRC about any benefits you or your family start or stop getting from work - even if your employer has already taken Income Tax and National Insurance for them.

You should only tell HMRC that you’ve got a company car once you’ve started using it.