Stop Companies House from providing your home address

If you used your home address as your service address (or ‘correspondence’ address), you can ask Companies House to:

  • remove it from the register
  • withhold it from credit reference agencies - you can only do this in certain circumstances

You’ll need to apply and pay for each of these separately.

You cannot ask to remove your company’s registered office address, even if it’s your home address.

Ask to remove your address from the public register

You can ask Companies House to remove your home address from publicly available documents, such as a form to appoint a director.

You’ll need to know which documents contain your home address. Check this by finding your company on the Companies House register.

It costs £55 for each document. Request an application form by emailing

The return address and payment details are on the form.

Ask to have your address withheld from credit reference agencies

You can only do this if you’re at risk of violence or intimidation because of your company’s work. You need to provide proof such as:

  • a police incident number if you’ve been attacked
  • documentary evidence of a threat or attack, such as photos or recordings
  • evidence of possible disruption or targeting, such as by animal rights or other activists
  • evidence that you work for an organisation whose activities put you at risk, such as the Secret Intelligence Service

It costs £100 to apply. Request an application form by emailing

You can also request a form by phone.

Companies House
Telephone: 0303 1234 500
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 6pm
Find out about call charges

The return address and payment details are on the form.