41 services


Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS)

sorted by Most viewed
  • Data protection

    The Data Protection Act (DPA) controls how personal information can be used and your rights to ask for information about yourself

  • TV Licence

    You need a TV Licence to watch or record programmes on a TV, computer or other device as they're broadcast, and to watch on-demand BBC programmes on iPlayer

  • Get a licence to play live or recorded music

    You usually need a licence from PPL PRS to play live or recorded music in public - includes playing background music at your business, and staging live music or theatre productions.

  • Request CCTV footage of yourself

    You have the right to see CCTV footage of yourself under the Data Protection Act - you can be charged up to £10 for a copy

  • Get a free or discounted TV licence

    You can get a free TV licence if you're 75 or over and a discount if you're blind or in residential care - who qualifies, how to apply

  • Showing films in public

    Find out if you need a licence to show films - public screenings, using film in schools, choosing a licence, penalties for breaching copyright

  • Apply for a Gender Recognition Certificate

    Apply for a Gender Recognition Certificate to legally change your gender

  • Become a licensed chaperone for child performers

    Check your local council for advice on becoming a licensed chaperone for children in the entertainment, modelling or sports

  • Report treasure

    Report treasure finds to the local coroner within 14 days - items officially defined as treasure, Portable Antiquities Scheme, inquest, valuation, rewards

  • Copyright Licensing Agency licence

    Apply for a licence to produce copies of copyright protected material

  • Charge fees as an entertainment and modelling agency

    Rules covering how entertainment and modelling agencies work; charging fees and refunds for for finding work

  • Cyber Skills Immediate Impact Fund

    The Cyber Skills Immediate Impact Fund aims to increase the diversity and numbers of those working in the UK's booming cyber security sector.

  • Performing animals registration (England, Scotland and Wales)

    You need to register with your local council if you want to exhibit, use or train performing animals in England, Wales or Scotland

  • 5G Infotainment Services for Transport Environments UK-South Korea 5G Funding Competition

    The aim of this competition is to develop new and novel applications and services that can be ready for 5G, in collaboration with South Korean partners.

  • NLA Media Access Limited business licence

    You may need a license from the NLA Media Access Limited to make copies of newspaper content for internal use in a business

  • Licences to use music on television

    You need a licence to use copyright music in TV programmes

  • Tampon Tax Fund application form: 2019-2020 funding round

    Tampon Tax Fund application form and guidance for applicants (for the 2019-2020 round of funding).

  • Apply to the Life Chances Fund

    An £80 million fund to provide payment-by-results contracts for locally developed projects by socially minded investors.

  • Music licences for physical products

    You may need a licence from the Mechanical-Copyright Protection Society (MCPS) if you make copies of music on to any physical product

  • 5G Urban Connected Communities Project

    Overview of the Urban Connected Communities Project and processes for registration for expressions of interest and market engagement.