We use some essential cookies to make this website work.
We’d like to set additional cookies to understand how you use GOV.UK, remember your settings and improve government services.
You can change your cookie settings at any time.
Marine Guidance Note (MGN) 564 describes how marine casualties and marine incidents should be reported to MAIB. This notice replaces MGN 458.
This leaflet explains the work of the Marine Accident Investigation Branch.
About the AICC
1. About us The Accident Investigation Chiefs’ Council (AICC) was formed…
1. Introduction 1. This Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is established…
1. Annex A Roles and responsibilities 1.1 The Crown Prosecution Service.…
1. Annex B - Accident Investigation Branches (AIBs) limitations on…
1. Annex C Testing of evidence C1. To establish the cause of an accident,…
1. Purpose The purpose of the Accident Investigation Chiefs’ Council…
Outlines aims and roles of the transport accident investigation branches and their relationship with the Department for Transport (DfT).
This leaflet provides information if you have been nominated to accompany a marine accident witness to an MAIB interview
Background information about Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA)'s 'Human Element' work.
Advice to ship owners for adopting the revised performance standards for shipborne voyage data recorders (VDRs) and simplified voyage data recorders (S-VDRs).
Leaflet about the MAIB investigation for family members or friends following death of a loved one as result of a marine accident.
This leaflet provides information for people who have been requested by MAIB to attend an interview following a marine accident.
Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.
To help us improve GOV.UK, we’d like to know more about your visit today. We’ll send you a link to a feedback form. It will take only 2 minutes to fill in. Don’t worry we won’t send you spam or share your email address with anyone.