Guidance and regulation

196 results sorted by Most viewed
From Forestry Commission
  • England Woodland Creation Offer

    Get support to create woodland using the England Woodland Creation Offer.

  • Mid Tier and Wildlife Offers: Countryside Stewardship

    Read the manual and guidance to help you apply for a Mid Tier multi-year (including Water Capital item) and Wildlife Offers agreement starting on 1 January 2022

  • Woodland creation and maintenance grant: Countryside Stewardship

    A grant made up of a capital element under which you can apply for support to create a woodland, followed by a maintenance element to maintain it: find out about payment rates and the rules for the scheme.

  • Use the Forestry Commission map browser and Land Information Search

    Find woodland agreements, felling licences and other designations or features on any chosen area of land in England.

  • Tree felling licence: when you need to apply

    The Forestry Commission controls tree felling by issuing felling licences.

  • RLE1 form and guidance

    Use the RLE1 form - electronically or on paper - to make changes to your digital maps, register new land and transfer entitlements by sub-lease or inheritance.

  • Create woodland: overview

    Find information and support on woodland creation in England, including funding to create woodland, legal requirements and best practice for sustainability.

  • Mid Tier and Wildlife Offers manual for 1 January 2021 agreements: Countryside Stewardship

    Scheme rules for holders of agreements that started on 1 January 2021

  • Urban Tree Challenge Fund

    Find out what’s involved and how to apply for funding to support the planting and establishment of standard trees in urban and peri-urban areas in England.

  • Report suspected illegal tree felling

    If you suspect anyone of illegal felling then you can check if permission exists and, if necessary, report the incident to the Forestry Commission.

  • Tree felling: getting permission

    This booklet tells you what you need to know about getting permission to fell any trees for yourself or for someone else.

  • Apply online for a felling licence

    Use this guide to apply for a licence to fell growing trees using our Felling Licence Online service

  • Farm woodland standard

    Find out about the standard for farm woodland, what land is eligible and how much you can get paid.

  • Tree felling: overview

    To help protect Britain's trees and woodland, a felling licence from the Forestry Commission is required to fell most trees.

  • Create a woodland management plan

    Find out what's involved in creating a plan, giving you a structured way to organise the management of woodland.

  • Woodland Creation Planning Grant

    Find out what’s involved in, and how to apply for, this grant to support your development of a proposal to create woodland.

  • Ancient woodland, ancient trees and veteran trees: protecting them from development

    What planning authorities should consider for developments affecting ancient woodland, ancient trees and veteran trees.

  • Import timber, wood products or bark

    Find out how to import timber and wood material, including the documents, identity checks and plant health inspections required.

  • Local Authority Treescapes Fund

    Find out about the Local Authority Treescapes Fund, eligibility and how to apply for funding to establish trees outside of woodland.

  • Apply for an export plant health phytosanitary certificate

    How to get certification in Great Britain to export certain timber around the world.