The Companies House disqualified directors register includes details of directors disqualified by the courts and the Insolvency Service.
- their name
- their address
- their date of birth, if available
- their nationality
- their last registered address
- when the disqualification began and ends
- how many disqualifications they’ve had
- why they were disqualified
- names of companies relevant to their disqualification
- whether they have the court’s permission to continue to act as a director
Get full details of why the director was disqualified
England, Scotland and Wales
If the director was disqualified in the past 3 months, you can view full details using the Insolvency Service online service.
Otherwise, contact Civil.Proceedings.Team@insolvency.gsi.gov.uk.
Contact the Insolvency Service in Northern Ireland.
Search the bankruptcy and insolvency register
Anyone who has a bankruptcy order (‘undischarged bankrupts’), a debt relief order or bankruptcy restrictions is banned from being the director of a company.
You can search the bankruptcy and insolvency register to find out who has been banned.