Running a community amateur sports club (CASC)

Paying tax

Community amateur sports clubs (CASCs) need to pay Corporation Tax on any income or capital gains that don’t qualify for tax relief.

If your CASC needs to pay tax you must:

If you have no tax to pay you only need to complete a tax return if HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) asks you to.

Limited companies must also send annual accounts to Companies House.

You may have to pay a fine if you don’t complete a tax return when you need to or you file your tax return late.