RVU provides laboratory services for respiratory virus infections including Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV).
Respiratory virus unit (RVU) provides:
- antigenic and genetic analysis of influenza isolates
- diagnostic virus PCR, culture and serology
- investigation of outbreaks of respiratory virus infection
- genetic characterisation of respiratory viruses
- antiviral susceptibility testing of influenza viruses
RVU includes the UK World Health Organization national influenza laboratory and is involved in the development of diagnostic tests and vaccine evaluations.
Respiratory virus unit (RVU)
Public Health England
61 Colindale Avenue
Telephone 020 8327 6017
Fax 020 8205 8195
DX address DX 6530006 Colindale NW