Contact the Office of the Public Guardian if you have concerns about an attorney or a deputy, eg the misuse of money or decisions that aren’t in the best interests of the person they’re responsible for.
Office of the Public Guardian
Telephone: 0300 456 0300
Textphone: 0115 934 2778
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm except Wednesday, 10am to 5pm
Find out about call charges
The Office of the Public Guardian can help if there is a:
- registered lasting power of attorney
- registered enduring power of attorney
- deputy appointed by the Court of Protection
If one of these isn’t in place, you may have to contact:
- the Department for Work and Pensions for concerns about benefits
- your local adult social services for concerns about care or safeguarding
- Care Quality Commission or the Care and Social Services Inspectorate in Wales if you’re concerned about someone who’s living in a care home
Call 999 if someone is in immediate danger or your local police if you think someone has committed a criminal offence.