You can renew your short-term medical driving licence if:
- you have one because of a medical condition
- it lasts for 1, 2, 3 or 5 years
- it’s about to expire, or already has
At the moment, you can only renew online if you have diabetes, epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, a visual impairment or a heart condition.
You can’t use this service if:
- you want to renew a licence that allows you to drive a minibus, bus, coach or lorry - order forms D2/D4 from DVLA instead
- the name on your driving licence is incorrect - contact DVLA instead
- your driving licence was issued in Northern Ireland
Use a different service to reapply for a driving licence if yours was taken away or you surrendered it because of a medical condition.
You can also renew your short-term medical driving licence by post. DVLA will send you a renewal reminder 90 days before your licence expires.