You can renew your short-term medical driving licence if:
- you have one because of a medical condition
- it lasts for 1, 2, 3 or 5 years
- it’s about to expire, or already has
At the moment, you can only renew online if you have diabetes, epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, a visual impairment, a sleep condition, or a heart condition.
This service is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).
You can’t use this service to:
- renew a full or provisional licence for a minibus, bus, coach or lorry - order forms D2/D4 from DVLA instead
- change the name on your driving licence - contact DVLA instead
- renew a driving licence that was issued in Northern Ireland
Use a different service to reapply for a driving licence if yours was taken away or you surrendered it because of a medical condition.
You can also renew your short-term medical driving licence by post. DVLA will send you a renewal reminder 90 days before your licence expires.