Use this service to get on the electoral register or to update your details if you do not have a permanent home address in the UK and you’re:

  • a member of the armed forces
  • the spouse or civil partner of someone in the armed forces

Deadline for registering to vote in the 6 May 2021 elections

Register by 11:59pm on 19 April to vote in the following elections on 6 May:

  • local government elections and referendums in England
  • Police and Crime Commissioner elections in England and Wales
  • Scottish Parliament elections
  • Senedd (Welsh Parliament) elections
  • Mayor of London and London Assembly elections

Register online

Registering takes around 5 minutes.

You only need to register once - you do not need to register separately for every election.

You’ll need your service number and National Insurance number (if you have one).

Start now

Other ways to apply

You can also apply as a non-service voter if you have a permanent home address in the UK and want to be registered at that address.

You can also register by post. There’s a different form for registering by post in Northern Ireland.

Children of a member of the armed forces

How you register to vote depends on where you’re from.

If you’re from England, Wales or Northern Ireland

You can register when you turn 16.

Register as an overseas voter if you’re from England or Wales.

Register by post if you’re from Northern Ireland.

If you’re from Scotland

Register by post if you’re from Scotland. Both of the following must apply:

  • you’re either 14 or 15 years old
  • you live with your parent or guardian overseas

Send the form to your local Electoral Registration Office.

If you’re not in the armed forces

There are separate registration services for: