Use this service to get on the electoral register or to update your details if you’re likely to be posted abroad as:
- a Crown servant (for example diplomatic or overseas civil service)
- a British Council employee
- the spouse or civil partner of a Crown servant or British Council employee
Registering takes around 5 minutes.
You’ll need your National Insurance number, if you have one. You’ll also need your payroll or staff ID number (usually found on your payslip).
It’s too late to register to vote in the General Election on 8 June 2017. You can still register for future elections.
Before you start
You can also register by post.
Children of Crown servants or British Council employees
You must register by post if all the following apply:
- you’re between 14 and 16 years old
- you’re the child of a Crown servant or British Council employee from Scotland
- you live with your parent or guardian overseas
Send the form to your local Electoral Registration Office.
If you’re the child of a Crown Servant or British Council employee and from England, Wales and Northern Ireland, you can register as an overseas adult when you turn 16.
If you’re not a Crown servant or British Council employee
There are separate registration services for:
This service is for England, Wales and Scotland only.
You’ll need to register using a different form if you live in Northern Ireland.