Contact your police and crime commissioner (PCC) to make a suggestion or a complaint on how your local area is policed.

PCCs are elected to make sure that local police meet the needs of the community. Contact your local PCC about:

  • how your area is policed
  • the police budget
  • the amount of Council Tax charged for the police
  • the information you get about what the local police are doing

Become a PCC

The next PCC elections will be in 2016. You’ll be able to register as a candidate closer to the election.

Complain about your PCC

Complain to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) if you think your PCC has broken the law.

Telephone: 0300 020 0096
Minicom: 020 7404 0431
Fax: 020 7404 0430
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Find out about call charges

To complain about anything else, contact your local council and ask for details of their representative on the local police and crime panel.

Help us improve GOV.UK

Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.