If you have a complaint about how your pension scheme is run, talk to your pension provider first. They have to respond within 8 weeks.

You can also contact the Pensions Ombudsman if you’re concerned about how a pension scheme is run.

Complain about marketing

You can get help from the Pensions Advisory Service or complain to the Financial Ombudsman’s Service about how a pension scheme has been marketed to you.

If your provider has broken the law

If you think your pension provider has broken the law, you can complain to:

If your provider goes bust

If the pension provider was authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority and can’t pay, you might get compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS).