- if you can get maternity, paternity or shared parental leave
- how much pay you can get if you take leave
Shared parental leave and pay are only available in England, Scotland and Wales.
Before you start
You’ll need to know:
- your employment status (eg employed or worker)
- the date you started your current job
- the date you finished work (if you’ve finished)
- how much you earn
- when you want your leave to start
- how much leave you want to take
You’ll need the same information about your partner if you plan to share the care of the child with them.