Use this service to order free packs of rapid lateral flow tests to be sent to your home.
Who this service is for
You can only use this service if:
- you do not have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms
- you’re 11 or older
- you have not been told to self-isolate
- you cannot get tests from your work, school, college or university (ask them for rapid lateral flow tests)
Children who go to primary school or younger children do not need to test.
If you’re not sure, you can find out which COVID-19 test you should get on NHS.UK.
Ordering for someone else
Anyone in your household can use the tests. You do not need to order one pack for each person.
If you’re ordering for another household, you should:
- do it separately from your household order
- use their details, including their email address if they have one
Getting tested for travel
You cannot use this service to book tests for travel.
Find out what you need to do to:
Order rapid lateral flow tests
You can order one pack per day. A pack contains 7 tests.
What you need to know
Other ways to get rapid lateral flow tests
You might be able to:
- collect tests from a pharmacy
- collect tests from a community centre, such as a library
- get a test at a site
If you’re collecting tests, you can collect 2 packs at a time (14 tests in total).
Get help with ordering
If you cannot use the online service, call 119 (free from mobiles and landlines).
Lines are open every day, 7am to 11pm. 119 provides support in 200 languages.
SignVideo is a free online British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter service for 119.
When to take a rapid lateral flow test
In England, you should take a rapid lateral flow test:
- if you will be in a high risk situation that day
- before you visit people who are at higher risk of severe illness if they get COVID-19
You are at higher risk of catching or passing on COVID-19 when:
- in crowded and enclosed spaces
- there is limited fresh air
In Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, you should take a lateral flow test twice a week.
Report rapid lateral flow test results the day you or someone in your household takes the test, no matter what the result is.
If a test result is positive
How rapid lateral flow tests work
Around 1 in 3 people with COVID-19 do not have symptoms.
Rapid lateral flow tests help to find cases in people who may have no symptoms but are still infectious and can give the virus to others.
The test usually involves taking a sample from your throat and nose, or from your nose only, using a swab. You get a result in 15 to 30 minutes depending on the type of rapid lateral flow test you’ve taken.