Log in to the National Export System (NES) to declare your exports outside the EU to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

Online services may be slow during busy times. Check if there are any problems with this service.

Start now on HMRC online services

Before you start

If you want to export goods to a ‘third country’ (outside the EU), you must submit an electronic export declaration.

  1. Register for an Economic Operator Registration Identification number (EORI).

  2. Register for the Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight (CHIEF) system.

  3. Sign up to make online CHIEF declarations through the Government Gateway.

  4. Submit your export declaration through the National Export System (NES), which is part of CHIEF.