Dispose of business or commercial waste

Skip to contents of guide

Waste transfer notes

For each load of non-hazardous waste you move off your premises, you need a waste transfer note or a document with the same information, such as an invoice.

Register online to:

  • fill in a waste transfer note for a single load of waste
  • create a season ticket for a series of loads

Or download a waste transfer note to fill in and sign on paper.

Your business and the business taking your waste both need to:

  1. Fill in the sections of the waste transfer note that apply to you.

  2. Sign it.

  3. Keep a copy for 2 years.

  4. Show it to an enforcement officer from your local council or the Environment Agency if asked.

You must include enough information to help the business taking your waste to handle and dispose of it safely.