Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what beta means

HMRC internal manual

Trusts, Settlements and Estates Manual

Trust income and gains: Sub-fund elections - the election form SFE1

A sub-fund election must be made on form SFE1. It can be completed on screen online. 

However, it must then be printed and signed by all the trustees of the principal settlement before the election takes effect. This includes the trustees of the sub-fund settlement and the trustees of all the other funds within the principal settlement. If trustees do not have access to GOV.UK they should contact Trusts and Estates help line on 0300 123 1072 to obtain a printed copy of the form.

The completed form should be submitted to HMRC Trusts Nottingham (TSEM1420).